1. Don’t wait for creativity to come to you. It’s not out there somewhere; it’s somewhere inside you.
2. Don’t spend forever talking about it, debating it, discussing it, pondering it. If you want to be creative, just get on with it and do it, because it won’t do it by itself.
3. Don’t expect to be right. Don’t even try to be right. Aim to be as spectacularly wrong as anyone has ever been in the history of the universe.
4. Don’t worry if you’re scared when you’re being creative. This is pretty much the job description. If you’re not scared, you’re probably not doing it properly.
5. Don’t listen to your internal editor, and stop caring what other people think.
6. Procrastination can be useful, but it is not your creative friend. You can only edit, change, adapt something if it already exists.
7. Holidays are the perfect time for procrastination. 🙂