I’m baffled as to why anyone in the DfE would think that SATs resits in Year 7 are a good idea, so I made a list of 10 reasons why they should just listen to teachers and NOT DO IT.
- New school; new start. Please give them a chance.
- They have just had a long summer holiday.
- Someone somewhere will set up a ‘SATs Summer Revision Camp’.
- They said that SATs wasn’t about ‘pass’ or ‘fail’.
- They said that SATs was a measure of the school, not the child.
- They said that child mental health was a priority.
- Are they seriously measuring secondaries on what they can do in 3 months?
- The first year of secondary should be an exciting time, not a PASS THE TEST time.
- It is almost inevitable that the curriculum will be narrowed for these children.
- It is a STUPID IDEA.