1. You always think you’ve got 50% more space than you’ve actually got.
2. Delegate the jobs. Have a Chief Documents Holder and a Chief Packer.
3. Once someone has taken on the role of Chief of Something, don’t check all the time to see whether they’re doing it properly.
4. Although remember that “Have you got the passports/tickets?” will always seem like a sensible last minute question, especially if someone else is responsible for them.
5. If you’re going away for a long time, take some stuff that you’ll miss while you’re away.
6. You will never regret taking your own pillows with you when you can.
7. Everyone will always give you more stuff at the last minute. Leave a gap for them or you’ll end up with it on your lap.
8. It’s a happy moment when you finally escape the “did you remember your cuddly?” stage.
9. If you ever forget to take something, you will usually be able to get it where you’re going.
10. Stay happy. It is the holidays, after all. 🙂